Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Tweeting greeting for the New Year to my Redundant Reindeer



This is an updated post Christmas verse as written in jest and on a whim
As a response to an overindulged festive season and a hangover so grim
But also to wish New Year Health to my tweet followers and blog friends
By conveying good will, fond wishes and hopefully to make some amends
For any banal, silly or even obtuse tweets sent during the last long year
By expressing thanks for all tweets received and proposing a toast of good cheer.
Over the last year some five thousand people have visited my profile blog
Some have left comments about their love life and even feeding their dog
So lets thank them now during the festive season, raise a glass and be happy
A thought you really shouldn’t need to be told by this head sore chappy.

For let’s drink a toast to the New Year and to my now redundant reindeer
Who follow me despite it being 363 days until they’re needed again I fear
Dasher, Dancer, Vixen and Prancer may be tired having pulled Santa’s sleigh
But I still enjoy Padraig_OMorain, DorothyDalton and LJinNW come what may.
Santa’s favourite Reindeer once had a fine regal stature and a famous red nose
But Bloowriters’s colourful tweets have left him blue with a tummy full of woes.
I should refer to the down at heel state of reindeer Comet, Donner, Blitzen and Cupid
But kaeliferguson,gunsinger and rosecasanova are still flushed so lets not be stupid.
My Polar Bear support is on the wane I’m afraid from MargaretMolloy and 8ORION8
And Penguin friends like Werethe1s, Mitchellnicola and Suga_Lumps are tepid of late
Snow ball like tweets of glee are melting from such as Burn2Write, hipcop and Confusad
Some of which during Christmas had brought a red faced reaction to this old Dad
You see, in the festive cold weather I had shared a tipple tweet with womenwhowine,
Even became a Slave_to_coffee,and enjoyed jokes from Twowitwowoo, so that fine.
But there is still a distinct chill on my Twitter site as some still consider me a nutter
And that’s despite the best cooked up tweets of my redundant reindeer ‘runningonbutter’.

During the last few days, my festive mood has lifted with the visit of my grand boys
And I have yet again always found solace in playing with Star Wars and other toys.
So grandchildren don’t complain this year if you have to visit your poor old grandad
Just remember MargaretMolloy, Suga_Lumps and Americannanny as life ain’t bad.
So what’s the essential secret of the Twitter experience of this post Festive Fare?
Well, for me, it’s the hope of new friends to be made and tweets to be read there
For despite our continued economic gloom in home and in the fractured Irish State
We must remember in the New Year to cherish friendship and fun before it’s too late
The New Year should begin in hope and anticipation with children, family and friend
And if so, our opportunity to grow in health and happiness will see us through in the end
So to I say Bah Humbug to Scrooge, moaners and whiners and ask you to give pause
As with Christmas still in your heart there’s still a place for reindeer and Santa Claus.

Note: Reindeer names refer to twitter sites of some followers.
This is a purely fictional verse written for amusement only.

1 comment:

  1. I'm flushed indeed.
    Happy New Year to you, your readers and followers. I believe it's going to be a good one.

    ReplyDelete