Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Images near the Sea Coast at Clock na Ron, Galway

















On my way to Clifden for the Connemara rugby match last Saturday, (about which enough said!), I took the coast road through Roundstone via Balyconneally to Clifden. The Village of Roundstone is called Cloch na Ron in Irish which means the seal's rock and in fact I did see a seal basking in the sun on a rock near Ballyconneally a few years ago. Much of the coastal road is blighted by too many badly designed and poorly located bungalows but there is still some wonderful scenery to be enjoyed. So by way of enticing others to perhaps consider spending some of their holidays here, I am including some photos of the sea, the rocks, and the coral beach near Ballyconneally. Magic!


To really get into the mood for this photo montage, may I suggest indulging in a can of stout (if a pint is not readily available) and listening to Mairtin O'Connor's Cd music on 'The Road West'. Ah! I can feel the beauty of it all in the soul itself!


PS. Those perceptive among you may notice that the CD cover artwork is by Joe Boske, a very talented artist whose work is referred to in a previous blog entry of mine.

2 comments:

  1. Much appreciation for the beautiful photos. I enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing them. :)

    ReplyDelete