Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy Easter to Lambs,Hens and a Cat on a Hot Tin Roof



































































































After a year on Twitter in March last I was reviewing my humble blog dalliances and noticed that my Little Bo Peep (sheep followers) blog was the most popular during the last year. However, despite still attempting a passable take on John Ford in ‘The Sheepman’ western who kept trying to bring his herd of sheep to town only for the cattlemen to turn him back, I have indeed lost a few stray sheep myself during this period. However, as it almost time for the Easter Parade, as it were, I feel that it is now time for me to concentrate more of the welfare of my little lambs rather than my sheep. In this respect therefore, I hope you will bear with me a moment and allow me to indulge my affection for my two grandchildren without raining on my parade. In the pantheon of lovely lambs, these two little grandsons, that I refer to as Fanboy and Chum Chum (to protect their identity in cyberspace) are surely the most precious of all. That it why I have been out in the garden ‘designing’ (I didn’t quality as an architect for nothing) and constructing a mini golf course where they can play with their plastic clubs/ golf balls. Even if both are not quite seven years old yet, I feel that Rory McIlroy will soon have to contend with competition from two new Masters.

Easter is of course a very productive time for our six hens and most days we have an egg from each, leading to my wife and I having to offload some free range eggs on our neighbours. I include a few proud photos of our hens and their eggs but also some photos of chocolate eggs courtesy of Liam & Maire Payne of the Olio & Farina shop in Galway. You really have to credit that Italian company with both the quality and presentation of their lovely confectionery. Yum, Yum! Finally, I should for my daughters sake also pay tribute to our ‘ancient’ cat called ‘Catouille’, who greets me first thing each morning and sits beside me in the sun when I am out gardening. You could not have a nicer companion while you work but alas as soon as my wife returns in the car she hopes up on the bonnet to best gain advantage from the warmth of the engine. In her affection for sunbathing on the metal car bonnet, I feel that even Tennessee Williams might not mind me referring to her as a ‘Cat on a Hot Tin Roof’.

Let me end therefore by genuinely thanking all those who have followed my twitter site during the last year and particularly those who have tweeted me or left messages on my comments column. At a time of significant stress in my professional life, you have been a source of great amusement, acute observation and kind human contact. Thank you and may you all enjoy a Happy and Healthy Easter.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Your cat looks a lot like my grand-kitties.

    Happy Easter to you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your pictures reminded me of the chickens I used to have that I have been missing. I loved watching them peck around my garden, and the free range eggs were such a treat. Too bad the hawks, coyote and racoons around here are such rascals. Great photos. Thanks for sharing. I always look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pics - they make me miss Wisconsin a bit. Happy Easter to you and your family. I love that you indulged in your affection for your Grandchildren, I think that is beautiful :) And based on this post and our last exchange on Twitter you have me very curious about the Olio & Farina shop :) Sorry to hear about the stress you have experienced this year professionally. That is a heavy weight to carry for anyone. I hope that the words shared by your family, friends and followers continue to shine a light on you :) Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete