Sunday, April 11, 2010

TuWhoo!TUTweet!TuWhoo! A Merry Note! Twitter Labours Lost?


Note: This verse is written in jest and does not purport to be a cry for either assistance in using the Twitter process or God forbid a veiled search for Romance.

I’m afraid I had a mind to Tweet to the World,
But now see this as folly and slightly absurd,
On Twitter I have followed an extensive motley crew
And I’m sure in the process lost quite a few
But I have now sent out over 950 tweets
While on my home page there are constant treats,
I have eagerly penned a 140 character line,
To the brave, the dour, the funny and the fine,
In the process I have contacted Obama, spoke freely of Nama
And even tried tweeting the illustrious Dali Lama,
At home, Miriam O’C has been my ‘queen’ Bee
And have even contacted Morning Ireland on RTE
I have contacted Ina, Beena and even Catriona
And I’m no longer sure where to draw the ‘liona’
For sure I have tweeted the poor and the best
And have even received a retweet from Ryan Seacrest.
Yes! I have tweeted Muslims, Christians and Jews
And constantly receive updates from Marklittlenews
For some days now I have tried contacting Stephen Fry,
But alas to my great chagrin I have received no reply
I have at times turned a pale shade of green and started to toil,
And in efforts of remedy have even tweeted ‘sendboyle’,
Yes comments and reflections are as common as rain,
And some Tweetieblog ‘Mums’ are causing me pain
You see try as I may the core tweeting questions remain,
Am I an Android Addicted Phonie just bleating in vain?
But wait! A spinning circle heralds a new emerging tweet,
From a TweetiePie in Florida who just wants to beat
The record for fantasy foodie consumption on the go
And asks if I could advise and let her gratefully know
My views on this subject at the risk of being lewd
So my hunger for ‘sweets’ is now greatly renewed
From the Semantics of Words I shall no longer stray,
For ‘Words are all I have to take your Heart Away’!

This verse should be read while listening to Boyzone singing ‘Words’



YouTube - Boyzone - Words

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome and clever! haha! loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember the "Greetings,Friends" poem that was published every Christmas int the New Yorker? This so reminds me of that. I have always wished that I could write funny poetry. YOu have the gift! molly

    ReplyDelete