Monday, August 23, 2010

Offsetting Tweeting Time with Little Red Roosters!
















Recently I have to admit that I have been spending too much time on my Twitter site, something which has become a kind of new but late ‘addiction’ in my life. This my daughters explained to me was rather like regularly watching Judge Judy or Come Dine with Me on TV,(previous addictions!), understandable in small doses but hardly a beneficial way to spend most of my time. They then expressed a wish that I ‘coulda, woulda, shoulda’ do better to quote a famous American TV Judge! Here I can sense a pang of jealousy from many of my Twitter followers when they see how lucky I am in the area of life advice as I can rely not only on my good wife but also on my daughters to set me on the ‘straight and narrow’ path to true fulfilment. When I humbly replied that ‘AH’, I did not really spend that much time tweeting, they simply replied that ‘Ah’ was not an answer. Now where did I hear that expression before? So in an attempt to assist me in achieving a proper life ‘balance’, our two daughters gave my wife and I two red rooster hens to mind for our recent anniversary. Our grandchildren have named the chickens Chum,Chum and Emperor. Thus, we now have two daughters, two grandchildren and two hens to mind to varying degrees of satisfaction!

I can happily report however, that we have become very attached to our new fowl friends. (or should that be friends fowl!) So much so in fact, that this writer is planning to extend the flock and has started planning a converted chicken run/shed where our old cold bunkers used to be located. I classify the decision to replace the cold bunkers with a self sustaining hen run as a positive response to global warming. Needless to say my daughters are not entirely happy about this turn of events as they feel that I am now turning the whole venture into a small chicken farm. One of them also fears for the emotional wrench which our cat of some 10 yrs+ will experience on the arrival of the extended new fowl breed. However, they should not worry at all as in the allocation of affection to our daughters, grandchildren and pets there is an unlimited degree of love to go around! Now what time does Judge Judy start on TV to-day?



Warning Note: This blog entry is for light ‘comic’ relief only and I should in no way be considered as a ‘hen pecked’ husband as a result of same. However, I will admit that a new pecking order may be established as a result of this venture in our house.

P.S: This blog is best appreciated while listening to ‘Little Red Rooster’ by the Rolling Stones

No comments:

Post a Comment