Friday, May 14, 2010

Twitter Hot Air: A Tweetaholic Home?


Unlike many of my twitter followers, I began tweeting as a simple social diversion from office pressures after returning to work from my home a few months ago. As my wife was away at work herself for long periods of the day, I would wile away my relaxation time by harmlessly tweeting a few 'musing and amusing' thoughts on the social web. I was encouraged in this pursuit by both my daughters who described me as the 'coolest Dad' on the web and who soon joined the Twitter web site themselves. However, what initially was only a little 'tipple' for elemental sustenance soon became a more demanding habit as the number of followers grew. I suddenly realised that I was consuming more & more tweets by the day and I realised with a shudder a short time ago that I now have a 'twink' (drinking tweets) problem. This problem has now become more acute because my 'good wife' has also decided to drink from this well of human happiness and join Twitter herself. This decision has been greeted with great amusement by our daughters who text messages such as 'Are the two of you tweeting for lunch today' or 'A tweet a Day keeps the Doctor Away', which are decidedly unhelpful. The problem is getting so great that my wife and I are competing for access to the home computer after the evening meal and I have taken to sending 'direct messages' (DM's) to her from my mobile to get her attention. We have no longer any 'apps' for housework, gardening or even cooking' and our house has truly become a 'Home Tweet Home' with a difference!


Thus i appeal to all the social gurus out there particularly in the USA to offer what advice they can before we both become tweetaholics and end of blocking each other on our respective sites. Indeed we have become so divorced from reality by our obsession with 'hot air' inconsequential characters numbering 140 at the last count that we can be said to be out on our tweet with tiredness!



Note: This is written as a 'light' confection and should therefore be only consumed with a large cup of coffee and nothing more serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment