Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Family Birthday Celebration:Cheers!
























When I say I share birthdays with my daughters in July
Some people shrug their shoulders and other ask why
such an event for me is worthy of particular note
As surely everyone has a birthday in turn by rote.

My wonderful M & M’s are their initials so sweet
And they are chiefly the reason for this saccharin tweet
But forgive the obsession and the sentiment heartfelt
As celebrating their birthday makes my little heart melt.

Indeed for emphasising this key fact I make no apology
As the secret of their uniqueness is to found in astrology
You see we share Cancerian traits of loyalty and love
That would be seen as a credit by the Great Man above.

Of course they are also intelligent and beautiful, it’s true
But from knowing me already, that’s not news to you.
Each day I study in great detail our astrological chart
And find ever more profound reasons that set us apart.

You see Scorpio does not hold water and Leo just seems drab
And even Aries simply does not compare to Cancer the crab.
My wife tries to assert the importance of Capricorn the Goat
But she surely can’t be serious though she really is a dote.

But whats this appearing suddenly on my little inspection
Two new birth signs that cause no little reflection
For my grandchildren are asserting Libra and Taurus the Bull
Good God, the glass of birthday bubbly is not yet full.

So to all our family birthdays I now raise a glass
For to me at least they will always be first class
So its three cheers to the good health of my family Stars
Whether their Sun is in conjunction with the Full Moon or Mars.

Addendum:

This verse is for amusement only and for celebratory fun
So just try to enjoy it and follow your own special Sun
This can best be accompanied by fine food and good wine
But even a glass of fresh bubbly milk will really do fine.

1 comment: