Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Family Foursquare: Trick or Tweet?





I sometimes think OMG how did my parents manage alone
Without a wide screen 3d tv, dvd or even an i-phone,
You know of course that I don’t wish to be mean
But it’s like trying to cope with a totally blank screen.

The thought is surely enough to give you the blues
I mean how did they ever keep up with the news
They could even have missed World War 2 or was it 4
I know it was on the History Channel, I can’t say any more.

They really were deprived I guess and that’s the pity,
Without Desperate Housewives or even Sex and the City
Times then must have been ever so hard somehow
But thank God we’re all techie tuned in now.

My own family are certainly all cyber aware
As each of us in our own way is really out there
I use my I-Pad to twitter to all my follow friends
And to keep up with the buzz of all new trends.

My daughter is foursquare in tune on Facebook
And is right in your face with the latest cool look
Although I do wonder if they are all what they seem
As most are only present on something called I –Stream.

My son spends days in his room and the door he locks
Playing violent war games on something called X Box
But I’m sure that there’s nothing to worry about
At least he’s not on the street acting the lout.

The Dad of the family watches footie on tv all day
Drinks beer and eats takeaways come what may
But he declares ‘ours is not to reason why’,
Ours is just to play the WII and watch on Sky.

Despite what you might think we show how we care
By tweeting our individual needs, one has to be fair,
As family communication is our primary goal
So each in the family has their own special role.

I as matriarch advise with tweets of food and fashion frolics
While Himself mostly lies there playing games or acting the bollick,
Still maybe he’s studying in a way for a football degree
An ambition with which even Eamonn Dunphy might agree.

So it you wish to achieve a family status this i-tuned
Just get your family tech trained before they are ruined
A Twitter and Facebook application is really no trick
Just common sense and some savvy, will soon make you tick.

Thus the underlying motto or this little confection
Is to let social media awareness be your perfection
I-Phone a friend, join Facebook and Twitter until late
Or risk being bereft like our poor parents sad fate.


Addendum:

This verse is for amusement only and should give no trouble
So just try to enjoy it and don’t live your life in a bubble!
You will notice that it is written from a female view
So those with a cougar in them will not feel blue!

1 comment: