Sunday, March 21, 2010

Leprechauns, Luck and Lolly Too!
















Read with interest of new Leprechaun Museum in Dublin and also announcement of Leprechaun 'hunts' in Carlingford where the bones of one such little person are kept for display in a local pub. Do not scoff as I have seen them myself and they are very impressive and life 'affirming' especially after a few pints. However, the chance of finding the proverbial 'crock of gold at the end of the rainbow' seems ever more fanciful as I have been keeping a keen eye on such weather manifestations in recent times to no great effect. Notwithstanding this lack of a positive response to date, I have decided to extend the range of my potential indicators of good fortune to that of a 'black cat crossing one's path'. Thus, I now keep both an enamel photo of a black cat and a little leprechaun figurine in a strategic location in my house to ensure continual contact with the forces of the unknown. To date however, Lady Luck has not smiled on me or Lovely Lolly fallen into my hands but I am ever confident as a counterbalance to this sceptical and scientific age that the psychic forces of the paranormal will soon assert themselves and I will be blessed with 'purr-fect' good fortune again!!




Note: visited Carlingford on 12th October 2010 and now include photos of Bar where leprechaun bones kept and also photos of display cabinet itself-- Oh Ye of Little Faith?? Finally, I include a few photos of the lovely shell sculptures in Carlingford as after the Guinness, oysters and Leprechauns i could well have been described as shell shocked indeed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment